Friday, April 25, 2014

Thanks for the Encouragement

Jan. 16. 2013 8:08 am
Diane,

Thank you for writing the story on "Why You Need to Find a Mission." It struck a chord with me...a positive one. It shifted me into gear to find out what my life purpose is. 
I have a strong desire to do a number of things with my life including:
  • Be the voice of a morning or evening news program in the top 10 market, either in TV, radio, or the internet or anywhere my voice can be heard. Eight years ago I was on my way on pursuing this goal but I allowed one person to change my mind. I had two anchor and reporting job offers in small towns but my husband wasn't supportive. I am happy to say he is now my ex-husband. Because of your article I intend to find a way to get back on track of pursuing my goal in broadcast journalism.
  • Write my book about how I managed to make it through life after my mother abandoned me at the age of 15. She didn't leave me with family, adult supervision, money, or any means of how to make it through my teenage years. I've been writing this book for years but couldn't work through the pain long enough to finish it. But I am going to bite the bullet and write through the tears because of your article you wrote. The title of my book? How does "Mommy Wasn't There" sound to you? Well, I like it and that's what I've been calling it since 2007. I have a feeling there is at least one person who needs to know that no matter what life throws at them things will turn out in their favor...if they listen to that small still voice. 
  • Pay off my student loans. I am not exactly sure how I am going to do it but I figure that since I have a pretty good speaking voice I can pursue a freelance voiceover career in addition to my fulltime managing editing day job. I also have a pretty good singing voice so maybe joining a band where I can earn some extra cash if they perform at corporate parties or weddings...Yes, I chuckled at myself too but please don't laugh, I'm actually very serious. I know quite a few journalists who perform in bands and make a few dollars on the side.
  • My ultimate and most important mission is to continue to be a strong, positive role model to my son and daughter, who are 15 and 17 respectively. This is a mission that I know will last a lifetime…And if I accomplish the three tasks listed above I am sure that they will give them a reason to also find their purpose in life when they are ready.
So thanks again Diane. Your article gave me the encouragement I needed to get things moving in my life again. Wish me luck...because I’m definitely going to need it.
Sincerely, 
T.C.

*This letter was sent via email. 




No comments:

Post a Comment