Monday, June 30, 2014

Thanks Nine West



I have to admit, I thought the correspondence with Nine West over my tattered purse was over but boy was I wrong, and totally surprised.

(Nine West Refund Policy)
As I mentioned in earlier post, my intention was never to get a refund from the company because the refund policy on my receipt implied that I wouldn’t be able to get one. The only message I wanted to get across to Nine West was for the company to look into the quality of material it was using for the lining of their purse.

As a consumer, I find that customers give up on a brand because the quality changed for the worse.  As a loyal customer of nearly 15 years I couldn’t let this happen to Nine West. Their shoes are imperative to my eclectic style. What would I do if Nine West started to make crappy products? This is why I reached out to them in the first place, and then hounded them on Twitter so that they didn’t just ignore the e-mail I sent to them about the failing product. (see: Dear Nine West)

After a couple of letters and my refusal to mail the purse to the company’s quality assurance department on my dime, with the understanding that the company may or may not refund or replace the purse, or S&H, I thought it was best to just stick to the matter at hand. “I am not asking for a refund but I am asking that you reconsider the choice of material you use for your higher priced items like your purses.

Thing is, the Universe works in mysterious ways…

The following is Nine West’s response to my last letter. (see: Taken Aback by Nine West)

Hello T.C.,
Thank you for contacting Nine West. I am in the quality control department of Nine West. Your email was forwarded to me and oddly I received the same color Austin purse in our office today with the same issue. 
We have not had any issues with the other 3 colors that we have so I'm hoping this is just a fluke. I know you are not asking for a refund but we would like to send you a reimbursement. This will be in the form of a Nine West gift card. 
You do not need to send the bag back to us. Please provide us with your mailing address and we will send the gift card to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive this gift card. 
We appreciate you being a loyal customer!!
Now, isn’t that something? I immediately replied with my address and the following:
Thank you Nine West,

You are in fact the best.
You've really made my day!

I am happy to inform you that I have since received my gift card for the full price of what I paid for the purse, tax included. It came in the mail two days after I replied with my home address.

Nine West is truly the best brand for me.
Thanks Nine West!

No comments:

Post a Comment